As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active.
Please note that we do not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third-party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Here are a few ideas for staying active indoors (Disclaimer: Individuals should consult their physician before starting any exercise program or changing their diet to limit risks of injury).
For All Ages
- Take a Virtual Fitness Class - There are plenty of FREE options online. Here are just a few:
- NEW LINK ladyboss.com/blog/lets-move-staying-active-for-kids/ - Exercise & nutrition resources
- NEW - Great all around source for more fitness options for all ages https://www.onlinemedicalservices.org/home-workouts-fitness-ideas-for-all-ages/
- Do Yoga with Me - Free yoga videos
- Fitness Blender - Variety of free videos
- Nike Training Club - App filled with free fitness videos
- Youtube Home Workout Routines - Many workouts to choose from, ranging from 10-30 minutes. No equipment necessary.
- P.E. with Joe - Live daily workouts. New workouts Monday through Friday at 9am. * Has some workouts designed for seniors
- Workouts with the Y - Cardio, strength, yoga, and active older adult workouts
- Clyde Recreation Center - Check out their Facebook page for LIVE workout classes.
- Springville Explosive fitness - Check out their Facebook page for workout videos you can do at home.
- Article with links to workouts with VR -https://vr.space/news/health/virtual-reality-for-fitness/
For the Kids
- Virtual Sports Camps - Sports drills taught by coaches from the National Academy of Athletics
- Fitness Blender for Kids - Free fitness videos
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly videos
- Little Twisters Yoga - Free at-home kids yoga lesson plans
- 87 Energy-Busting Indoor Games & Activities
- Fluency and Fitness - Educational brain breaks to help students review essential literacy and math skills, while getting in some exercise. Find over 900 videos to help your child keep learning at home and burn off some extra energy. Our site is best used for ages 4-8.
- 15 minute workout to do with your kids
- Go Noodle - Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts.
- The OT Tool Box - At home OT, PT, and ST resources designed to build skills in children through movement and play.
Backyard Fun Or Keeping up on Skills
- Volleyball - Check out South County Volleyball club's Facebook for workouts & drills to keep up your skills
- Volleyball - 6 driveway drills to improve your game
- Great Resource from Dicks Sporting Goods Under Sports / Activities has lots of sports tips & drills to improve skills.
Did you know that the current Shelter in Place order allows for individuals to "engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with the Social Distancing Requirements...such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking and running." Here’s a few ideas (don’t forget your Social Distancing in Public Parks and Trails rules!).
- Visit a local park - Our parks are free and still open to the public. *Playgrounds are CLOSED. Don’t forget to tag us on social media. Visit our page on Social Distancing in Public Parks and Trails
- Go on a short drive away and enjoy the mountain scenery.
- Walk/run around your neighborhood and say hi (from a distance) to all of your neighbors who are getting outside too.
- Go for a bike ride on the Mapleton Lateral Canal.
- Plant a garden or start off small with something as simple as strawberries in a container.